Friends & Colleagues
- I go way back with Barry Gregory and his wife, cartoonist Jenni Gregory (DreamWalker), whorun the digital comics website, 01Comics. You'll find a many outstanding comics at this site, including Rob Hanes Adventures in full color!
- They also operate and own IndyPlanet and the dependable Ka-Blam print on demand (POD) service, the official printer for Rob Hanes Adventures!
- Exhibit A Press is the publishing imprint of Batton Lash's Supernatural Law (pictured at right).
- Benton Jew is one of the most talented professional illustrator/storyboard artist/comic artists I know (along with his twin brother Anson). To see samples of his work and learn what he's up to, be sure to check out his blog!
- David Montoya is the publisher of Yume Comics and his fantasy series MOHO.
- Gary Chaloner is a talented cartoonist who, like me, has a great love for classic adventure comics. He produces Red Kelso, as well as Will Eisner's John Law, Lady Luck, and Mr. Mystic.
- Mike Vozburg is one of the most versatile and talented cartoonists and storyboardman artists in the business, who is well versed in the history of cartooning and commercial art. Check out his Vozart site to see how diverse and polished his work is....
- Nat Gertler's home page is an excellent resource for aspiring comic-book writers (or writers of about anything!) Nat's a good friend, a fellow professional, and the publisher of About Comics.
- Twist and Shout is the home site for Mike Meyer, who was my first colorist and taught me the ropes of Photoshop!
- The Immortal Chronicles isn't a comics-related site, but an on-line version of a newsletter put together by Randy and his college buddies.
- WCG Staff Bob Westal recently launched his own blog to comment on the pop cultural landscape, Forward to Yesterday.
Other Publishers and Comics
- Classic Comics Press is the publisher of the outstanding compilation of Mary Perkins on Stage, which I blogged and raved about here, and other great, classic comics. Highly recommended.
- Spec Productions is committed to preserving and publishing some of the great comic strips of all time, including Terry and the Pirates, Buz Sawyer, Dick Tracy, Johnny Hazard, and much more! Visit their site to see what's available!
Useful Sites for Publishers and Cartoonists
- BlamBlot is an outstanding Web site for comic-book-style fonts, both free and for sale. Highly recommended.
- Comicraft is another highly respected and leading font and lettering website resource.
- An excellent resource for independent comics, whether you are a fan or a professional, is Geoffrey Mason's indyworld web site.
Other Comics-Related Sites
- My primary comics industry news site of choice is Heidi MacDonald's The Beat. The site is both entertaining and a good central resource for breaking stories and industry trends.
- Other news sites I frequent include: Tom Spurgeon's The Comics Reporter and Comic Book Resources.
- Favorite comics industry magazines are the Comics Buyer's Guide, Wizard, the Comics Journal, and Comics Shop News. Other industry magazines I enjoy are Comic Book Artist, Back Issue, and Draw!
- I'm a frequent attendee of the San Diego Comic-Con.
- As many people know, Alex Toth is one of my major inspirations. There is a Toth Fans website devoted to him.
Other Plugs and Recommendations
- Xmarks: Synchronize your browser bookmarks across multiple computers here!
- The WCGComics.com website is hosted by WestHost. Very affordable and very dependable. The wcgcomics.com domain is registered through HostingCT.
- While upgrading the WCG Comics website, I came across a dependable navigational menu system using Project Seven's CSS Expess Drop Down Menu system that I found much more dependable and easier to execute than rival approaches built in to Dreamweaver and provided by Macromedia Fireworks. Recommended for anyone needing a simple pop up menu system.
Post Our Link
Insert the banner at your website; click here for instructions. Contact us if you'd like a reciprocal link.