Friends & Colleagues
- Barry Gregory and his wife, cartoonist Jenni Gregory (DreamWalker) run the digital comics website, 01Comics. You'll find a many outstanding comics at this site, including the first-run appearances of Rob Hanes Adventures in full color!!!
- They also operate and own IndyPlanet and the dependable Ka-Blam POD service, the official printer for Rob Hanes Adventures!
- Exhibit A Press, the publishing imprint of Batton Lash's Supernatural Law (pictured at right) which is now also a web comic!
- Benton Jew is one of the most talented professional illustrator/storyboard artist/comic artists I know (along with his twin brother Anson). To see samples of his work and learn what he's up to, be sure to check out his blog!
- David Montoya is the publisher of Yume Comics and his fantasy series MOHO.
- Gary Chaloner is a talented cartoonist who, like me, has a great love for classic adventure comics. He produces Red Kelso, as well as Will Eisner's John Law, Lady Luck, and Mr. Mystic.
- Mike Vozburg is one of the most versatile and talented cartoonists and storyboardman artists in the business, who is well versed in the history of cartooning and commercial art. Check out his Vozart site to see how diverse and polished his work is....
- Nat Gertler's home page is an excellent resource for aspiring comic-book writers (or writers of about anything!) Nat's a good friend, a fellow professional, and the publisher of About Comics.
- Twist and Shout is the home site for Mike Meyer, who was my first colorist and taught me the ropes of Photoshop!
- The Immortal Chronicles isn't a comics-related site, but an on-line version of a newsletter put together by Randy and his college buddies.
- WCG Staff Bob Westal recently launched his own blog to comment on the pop cultural landscape, Forward to Yesterday.
Other Publishers and Comics
- Spec Productions is committed to preserving and publishing some of the great comic strips of all time, including Terry and the Pirates, Buz Sawyer, Dick Tracy, Johnny Hazard, and much more! Visit their site to see what's available!
- Animated Cartoon Pictures: D6 Production is a cartoon specialist and and a leading comic production company provides tips for drawing cartoon characters.
Useful Sites for Publishers and Cartoonists
- BlamBlot is an outstanding Web site for comic-book-style fonts, both free and for sale. Highly recommended.
- Several cooperative sites that I am affiliated with include OnlineComics.net and the Web Comic List. Both are clearinghouses for web comics. I'm also a member of Comicon.com, an online comics convention available all year round!
Other Comics-Related Sites
- My primary comics industry news site of choice is Heidi MacDonald's The Beat. The site is both entertaining and a good central resource for breaking stories and industry trends.
- Other news sites I frequent include: Tom Spurgeon's The Comics Reporter, Comic Book Resources, and Digital Webbing. The latter two sites have pretty good comic-book discussion forms.
- Favorite comics industry magazines are the Comics Buyer's Guide, Wizard, the Comics Journal, and Comics Shop News. Other industry magazines I enjoy are Comic Book Artist, Back Issue, and Draw!
- I'm a frequent attendee of the Comic-Con International in San Diego.
- As many people know, Alex Toth is one of my major inspirations. There is a Toth Fans website devoted to him.
Other Plugs and Recommendations
- Xmarks: Synchronize your browser bookmarks across multiple computers here!
- The WCGComics.com website is hosted by WestHost. Very affordable and very dependable.
- While upgrading the WCG Comics website, I came across a more dependable pop up menu system using Project Seven's CSS Expess Drop Down Menu system that I found much more dependable and easier to execute than rival approaches built in to Dreamweaver and provided by Macromedia Fireworks. Recommended for anyone needing a simple pop up menu system.
Insert the banner at your website; click here for instructions. Contact us if you'd like a reciprocal link.